What kind of future do you wish for you and your community? What would you be willing to give to support the future of your dreams?
This year we received 213 applications from grassroots, trans justice groups and projects led by trans and non-binary people, organizing their communities locally and nationally. The groups and projects we fund are busy working for justice and liberation for trans communities with each breath they take, all year long, and we’re honored to invite you–yes, YOU to join us in keeping our cherished trans communities well supported and resourced!
To date, TJFP has distributed more than $4.5 million dollars through our community-led grantmaking process. This has been a by us, for us effort, and it’s because of all of you who have provided so much community love and support that we are able to get all this done.
This year we’re raising 90k to celebrate 9 years of funding trans justice!
Please join us by pitching in a dollar or whatever you can to ensure our trans justice groups can not only keep their doors open and lights on, but have what they need to continue dreaming big, creating the future we all need and deserve.
So let’s raise some money together and uplift and resource our trans leaders today because, Our Future is NOW!
Deadline is tonight at 12 midnight EST–please check the eligibility criteria and apply now!
Is Your Group Eligible for a TJFP Grant?
- Are you a group?
- Are you a grassroots, trans justice group run by and for trans people?
- Is your group’s total budget less than $250,000?
- Are you located in the United States or Puerto Rico?
- Are you centering the leadership of trans people organizing around their experiences with racism, economic injustice, transmisogyny, ableism, immigration, incarceration, and other intersecting oppressions?
- Are you meeting the needs of different local communities and using organizing and/or providing services to help bring people together?
- Do you see your work as part of a bigger picture of trans-led work that seeks dignity and justice for all people?
*TJFP does not fund individuals.
*You do not need to be a 501c3 non-profit or have a fiscal sponsor to apply!
Fortification: Spiritual Sustenance for Movement is a Podcast featuring Caitlin Breedlove, Campaign Director of Standing on the Side of Love interviewing movement leaders and activists. This week, TJFP’s director Gabriel Foster talks about what brought him to political organizing, the founding of the Trans Justice Funding Project (TJFP), and what keeps him in this work. Thank you for sharing this story!
Standing on the Side of Love is a campaign sponsored by the Unitarian Universalist Association